All posts in Garage Door Opening Repair
During the month of February the focus in on love. It’s a time for everyone to reflect on what they love most in life. The affection is usually shown to your Valentine and family members. It can also be a time to reflect on what you love the most. Your home may fall into the category of what you love the most. It really is your home sweet home!
Have you lost the loving feeling toward your home lately due to cracks or repairs that need to be fixed? If you witness a crack or collapse of your garage door opening, pulling into your driveway it can be a very stressful experience each day. When you come home you want to experience peace, but all you can focus on is that potentially dangerous crack above the place where you’re about to park your car for the night. Read More ⇒
There are many times in life when we all want to ignore the obvious. Perhaps issues seem small as when you bump your knee on the corner of a table and your leg is sore for longer than expected. Or, perhaps you have noticed that the gums inside your mouth are more tender than they used to be. It is easy to ignore seemingly small issues regarding health or oral concerns, but what about concerns related to your home or business property?
Ignoring warning signs of any sort when it comes to the structural integrity of your home can always lead to huge financial burdens in the long run. It is important to be familiar with concerns regarding the structural integrity of your home or business property so that you will be able to identify concerns when and if they should arise. Below are common issues that should never be ignored:
- A leaky roof. While broken or missing shingles typically causes a leaky roof, ignoring this problem can lead to structural damage within the roof of your home. Structural damage in the attic that rots decking beams, and joints can cause your house to literally fall down upon you.
- Basement cracks. When you can see cracks in your basement there is a problem, but when water is seeing through these cracks, you have a serious issue that needs attention Yesterday. Poor drainage that allows water to pool around your house will cause the concrete walls of your basement to buckle and settle, compromising the integrity of your entire home.
- Garage damage. Damage to a garage may seem like it is not a big deal because it is not inside the home’s structure, but this is not true. Because a garage is attached to your home, it will compromise your home. Of course, if you have a freestanding garage, it has its own structural concerns. Very costly damage can occur to your expensive vehicles and to your home by ignoring any concerns with your garage.
- Chimney leaning or cracking. A chimney that is leaning or cracked can kill people or pets and can damage your home or any home that is in close proximity.
- Stair-stair cracks in brick. Cracks in the brick that follow a stair-step pattern indicate that structural concerns at dire. It is important to have these cracks looked at immediately.
- Cracks in walls or around windows/doors. Cracks that are seen inside a home along the walls, ceilings or around windows or doors indicate that there has been a significant amount of settling in a home. This amount of settling typically indicates that the structure of a home is unstable.
Anglin’s Foundation & Masonry Repairs has over 85 years of experience and know-how to provide customers with the highest standard in home foundation and business repair. Please contact us with any structural or foundation concerns that you have here in Georgia.
You open your garage door, pull your vehicle inside, close the garage door, and think nothing of it until you need to open the door again. However, it is important that you take the time to regularly inspect the foundation of your garage to determine how it is holding up. Most garages are built upon concrete slab foundations, and are, therefore, inclined to crack and settle. Special attention should be given to the status of your garage’s foundation as it is attached to your home and any issue that your garage may have can translate to problems inside the home. If you notice any signs of foundational damage of your garage (i.e. cracks in the walls, cracks in the floor, uneven floors, separation from the garage trim from the exterior of your home, or stair-step cracks in the exterior brick surrounding your garage door opening) it is time to call in the experts at Anglin’s Foundation & Masonry Repair.
Georgia is known for its infamous “Georgia Red Clay” and how it is not the ideal soil for most things. This includes offering structural support to a slab foundation. A slab foundation relies on the soil beneath it to offer support and to absorb tension as the moisture content will fluctuate again and again. Many times homeowners find that the reason behind their garage foundation issues is due to incompetency on the builder’s part to ensure that the quality of the soil is optimal for building.
Anglin’s Foundation & Masonry Repair has been helping homeowners and commercial property owners for more than 85 years correct problems with their foundations. Our experts have built our impeccable reputation by fixing the problem and preventing future issues from arising. As John Anglin says, “We fix it for life, the first time.” Anglin’s Foundation & Masonry Repair is dedicated to helping you find the solution you need in order to save your property. Call us today.